Friday, February 26, 2021

This question of the day pertains to Popeye’s Chicken: Why is that chain getting rid of different cajun/creole foods on the menu? Before 2011 in Arlington, Texas, they quit making etouffe. I am getting ready to get blunt here. Here in the state of Texas, most citizens are hispanic. Over the years, I have ordered from Popeye’s chicken. And, I have noticed that most of the workers at the Popeye’s Chicken places are also hispanic. Also, over the years I have discovered that there have been times when the workers did not want to make dirty rice(now off the menu) and etouffe. But, there has never been a problem serving rice and beans! During these occasions I have always felt like the workers did not want to make these cajun/creole dishes when the supply ran out. I feel like Popeye’s is getting away from serving well loved Louisiana favorites and is getting rid of the Louisiana tradition of serving cajun/creole food. There is a history behind these foods. And, I think that it is disrespectful for Popeye’s Chicken to get rid of such menu items. #wanitaxigo


No comments:

Post a Comment