Saturday, July 24, 2021

I still like LinkedIn, but folks over there have been tripping really hard this past year. I was told to join them some years ago before they got popular to do something I had no idea there was a term for: « networking ». I was referred by a media company, since I do a lot of different business stuff on the side, including marketing me and my mom’s books. I have been doing this « networking » thing outside of LinkedIn for over 20+ years: Before social media. So, it’s not new to me. I have mingled with execs and CEO’s for a very, very long time. I loved the snazzy parties and presentations, whether it be at some penthouse, luxurious hotel, suburban home, or conference center. I always learned something new. And, oh yes, interviewing for a spot in the fashion world as well. So, I am definitely no stranger when it comes to business and various fields of profession. I have seen LinkedIn grow, evolve, etc. It has been interesting. And, it is going to be even more interesting to see how the French business social media sites that I just registered on weeks ago grows as well. I just hope that it doesn’t turn into an « asshole fest ». I have seen LinkedIn change in good ways and bad ways. When I originally joined, things were simple. People were more open to « mingle via the internet », more truthful concerning their actual intentions on connecting with you, and really paid attention and focused on « growing their brand » and getting their name out there. The environment at LinkedIn has changed. I guess I may as well list the « negatives »: the « cons » about it, including the unpleasant after effects I experienced while that company went through various phases of change. #1): Browsing Experience: cowards who do not want their face shown for you to see that they browsed your profile. There is an « invisible mode » there so you can’t see who browsed your page.😶🙄🥴 Okay, weirdo. Peeeeeekkkkaboooo…. #2): Creating Articles Module: everything was cool at first. In fact, I got really excited, because what did I see in this? Well, I can seriously market my work on a whole new level❣️ Not through LinkedIn, either. I advertised globally to get people to read my articles. So, I was loving every minute of it, until my view count reached over 10,000. I discovered that LinkedIn changed my URL.😱😱Then, there were other people’s faces and article snippets on my new link! It unfairly gave other folks new exposure!👺👺👺👺I am not paying for them to steal my numbers!!! What the fuck is going on?👺👺👺👺 So, after bringing in over 200,000 readers, I decided to slow the momentum down, because no one should be stealing my thunder if I am out there in this world sacrifice to make something of myself just to have people steal my spotlight when I am dropping cash for that and bringing in new LinkedIn members because of my hard work.🤦 If I bring in more by the masses, I don’t want that shit to happen to me, again. That is unfair. #3): Trust. You are who you are, right? I have been checked out by individuals who hire fraud investigators. I forgot what they are called, but it deals with profiles, internet security, and shit. #4): LinkedIn is becoming more like Facebook: anonymous individuals playing finger games with the keyboard, hiding their identities while getting you roasted while you are actually doing something legitimately!!! And, constructively!!!🤦🤦🤦🤦🤷🤷🤷I can go on and on.🎙️🎤🚶🚶 #wanitaxigo


No comments:

Post a Comment